Yesterday’s fatigue has rolled into today. Got up early again because I want to and feel that it’s important, but by the end of the week it’s harder to have the same vigor as just a few days before. I’m tired, y’all. Really, really tired.
I’m also frustrated with some things in the world that I won’t address here in detail because that won’t help anything, but I will summarize as follows:
Japan’s COVID response is all but useless, American police need to stop shooting people, and you can’t truly be on the side of the planet while denying scientifically-backed realities.
I’ll close out the work week with some things I’m looking forward to and some things I’m grateful for.
Things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
- Developing film for the first time in about a year
- Shopping for seasonal ingredients and cooking my partner a great dinner
- Serious house-cleaning and decluttering efforts
- Working on one of the vintage film cameras I’m restoring
- Going for a ride and getting some other exercise in
- Writing and editing
- Reading for pleasure
- A shitload of journaling
Things I’m grateful for today:
- I’m grateful to be literate
- I’m grateful to be in good health
- I’m grateful to be able to live where I want and pursue things that are important to me
- I’m grateful that all my visa renewal paperwork is in
- I’m grateful to have more free time for creative work with my new job
- I’m grateful for my loving partner and my ridiculous cat
- I’m grateful for all the people who have been so supportive towards me recently
- I’m grateful that my new commute goes away from Tokyo rather than towards it (and that I can always get a seat)
- I’m grateful that I am alive today and free to make new and better decisions than on days past
I may or may not post over the weekend, but I am working on a new topical post that should come out early next week on this site.
Have a good weekend, everyone.